Leyland P76 Owners 2006
Publications ABC Interview
Iconic Aussie cars get the stamp of approval
Tuesday, 15 August 2006
ABC Web referrences
and some text and photos relating to the Leyland P76
- The HR Holden
- The FJ Holden
- Holden Torana XU1 1972 Bathurst Special
- Australia Post has just released a new set of stamps, featuring iconic cars.
- Driving Through the Years shows off the following items of Aussie automotive history:
- Model TT Ford Truck (1977)
- Holden FE (1956)
- Morrris 850 (1961)
- Holden Sandman HX (1976)
- Toyota landcruiser FJ60 (1985)
- But with such a small selection, there's no way they could feature all of your favourite cars! So Louise Maher on 666 Drive asked you about the cars you loved, arriving at this list.
- - Datsun 1600
- - Model T Ford (Listener Nancy got her licence in one!)
- - Ford Zeppa (1950's)
- - XY Falcon GT (1971)
- - Phase 3 GTHO Falcon 2
- - 1973 XC Falcon 2-Door
- - XW "Shaker" Falcon, (named after the special air-scoop built into the bonnet, you can hear them roar from a few kilometres away)
- - Ford Anglia 1939 - 194?
- - Holden Torana XU1 1972 Bathurst Special
- - FJ Holden
- - 1967 HR Holden (Still going 250,000 miles later)
- - EH Holden - Doreen, 6288 5215
- - Holden Kingswood Station Wagon
- - Leyland P76
- - Mini Cooper S
- - Morris Minor
- - Morris Major (2 votes)
- - Morris Major Elite - with the hand-crank to get it started!
- - Singer Tourer Convertible
- - KE55 Toyota Corolla
- - E-49 Valiant Charger (3 votes)
- - VW Beetle
- Though you suggsted 21 models, various versions of the Ford Falcon are clearly the most popular amongst our listeners.